Palera1n is the latest jailbreak tool introduced for iOS 15.7 – iOS 15 jailbreak that is the first semi-tethered checkm8 jailbreak. Recently, the Palera1n jailbreak tool support was updated for iOS 16 - iOS 16.3 jailbreak, and the latest support was added for the upcoming iOS 16.4 jailbreak.
This article discusses,
- Palera1n jailbreak supported iOS
- Compatible devices
- How to jailbreak iOS 16.4 - iOS 15 with Palera1n (Step-guides)?
- Palera1n Jailbreak new update
- Top 5 Palera1n jailbreak alternatives
Palera1n Jailbreak Compatible iOS
- iOS 16.4, iOS 16.3, iOS 16.2, iOS 16.1.2, iOS 16.1.1, iOS 16.1, iOS 16.0.3, iOS 16.0.2, iOS 16.0.1, iOS 16
- 15.7.1, iOS 15.7, iOS 15.6.1, iOS 15.6, iOS 15.5, iOS 15.4.1, iOS 15.4, iOS 15.3.1, iOS 15.3, iOS 15.2.1, iOS 15.2, iOS 15.1.1, iOS 15.1, iOS 15.0.2, iOS 15.0.1, iOS 15
Palera1n Jailbreak Compatible Devices
Palera1n jailbreak tool is based on checkm8 exploit similar to the Checkra1n jailbreak tool, and Fugu. So, it supports A8 – A11 devices as specified below.
Palera1n jailbreak supported iPhones
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone SE
Palera1n jailbreak supported iPads
- iPad 7th gen. (2019)
- iPad 6th gen. (2018)
- iPad Pro 12.9” and 10.5” 2nd gen. (2017)
- iPad 5th gen. (2017)
- iPad Pro 12.9” 1st gen.
- iPad Pro 9.7”
How to jailbreak iOS 16.0.2 - iOS 15 with Palera1n jailbreak?
Prerequisites for iOS 16 - iOS 16.3 users ONLY
iOS 16 - iOS 16.2 users must enable the Developer Mode before installing Palera1n jailbreak following the step guide below. Other users should skip this section.
- Step 1:Open your Settings App >> Privacy & Security >> Developer Mode.
Important: For the Developer mode to appear, you should have sideloaded an app previously.
- Step 2: Toggle on the Developer Mode.
- Step 3: Restart your device tapping Restart.
- Step 4: Once your device is rebooted, tap Turn On, so that the Developer Mode is enabled.
Install Palera1n Jailbreak
Click the button below to install the Palera1n jailbreak downloader and follow on-screen instructions.
Install Palera1n on iOS 15 - iOS 16.3 using Mac
- Step 1: First, you should clone the Repo using git clone --recursive https://github.com/palera1n/palera1n && cd palera1n
(If the repo is already cloned, run cd palera1n)
- Step 2: Next, open a terminal window on your Mac and input cd to the directory.
- Step 3: Check if your device is in DFU Mode, otherwise set it to DFU Mode.
- Step 4: Run the command, ./palera1n.sh --tweaks <iOS version you're on> --semi-tethered
** Important: If your device is less than 10GB free or 16GB, do not include the --semi-tethered part in the command above because the semi-tethered flag supports 5GB - 10GB only.
With these steps, your device dumps blobs after booting into a ramdisk followed by setting boot arguments and necessary variables. As a result, your device will be tethered or fake roots will be set up. Finally, you can use tweaks as the kernel is patched.
Install Palera1n on iOS 15 - iOS 16.4 using Linux
- Step 1: Open a terminal window of your PC.
- Step 2: Then run sudo systemctl stop usbmuxd followed by sudo usbmuxd -f -p command.
- Step 3: Next, open a new terminal window.
- Step 4: Now, clone the Repo using git clone --recursive https://github.com/palera1n/palera1n && cd palera1n
(If the repo is already cloned, run cd palera1n)
- Step 4: Check if your device is in DFU Mode, otherwise set it to DFU Mode.
- Step 5: Then, run sudo ./palera1n.sh --tweaks <iOS version you're on> --semi-tethered command.
How to use Tweaks?
- Step 1: Restart recovery or normal mode and set the device into DFU Mode.
- Step 2: Once the device is rebooted, open the Palera1n app.
- Step 3: Tap Install.
- Step 4: Finally, you can locate Sileo (the default package manager) on your Home Screen.
- Step 5: Now you can use Tweaks.
Remove Palera1n using Mac
- Step 1: First, clone the following repo.
git clone --recursive https://github.com/palera1n/palera1n && cd palera1n
(Run cd palera1n if the repo is already cloned)
- Step 2: Now run, ./palera1n.sh --restorerootfs <iOS version you're on>
- For Linux, alter the command in step 2 above as sudo ./palera1n.sh --restorerootfs <iOS version you're on>
- For semi-tethered palera1n, add --semi-tethered flag at the end of the command.
- You can troubleshoot issues by adding --debug at the end of the logs.
Step 3: Finally, boot your device into iOS.
Remove Palera1n using Linux
If you are using a Linux instead of Mac, first run the following commands by opening up a terminal and then follow the step 1 - 5 above in a new terminal.
- sudo systemctl stop usbmuxd
- sudo usbmuxd -f -p
Palera1n Jailbreak New Update (V2.0.0)
As the Palera1n team announced on Twitter, in February 2023, the Palera1n v2.0.0 Public Beta 1 is now available on GitHub, which was re-written in C programming language for a better and more stabilized jailbreak experience.
The Pros/ Advantages and Cons/ Disadvantages of this major update are as below.
Pros of Palera1n Jailbreak new update
- Added A10 & A10X passcode support.
- Tweak injections are now automated, so the experience is similar to Checkra1n.
- Rootless jailbreak and rootful jailbreak both are supported by the Loader app.
- If you have already installed the jailbreak, the Install button will no longer be available in the Loader app interface.
- Once the initial download is done, you are no longer required to use an internet connection to proceed further.
- The file size of the Palera1n jailbreak has been reduced.
- You are no longer required the gaster or pyimg4 as ramdask creation is no longer needed.
Cons of Palera1n Jailbreak new update
- You can’t boot in a tethered environment (16 GB devices), instead, you will have to use the rootless method.
- There can be issues found in Substitute – a tweak injection method – with 802.1x esp-peap-mschapv2 Wi-Fi connection.
- If you have an A9 device or an older version, you will have to run the new Palera1n jailbreak again, while still using PongoOS.
As per the latest, news from the Palera1n team on Twitter, V1.4.2, was released with iOS 16.4 support.
Top 5 Palera1n jailbreak alternatives for iOS 15.7 – iOS 15 jailbreak
1. Blizzard Jailbreak
Developed by GeoSn0w, the Blizzard jailbreak tool is the latest jailbreak tool that runs on iOS 15 - iOS 16.0.2. The tool is not out yet, however, according to the GeoSn0w update, there is positive progress on the tool's current performance which you can read on the Blizzard jailbreak page here!
2. Xina/ XinaA15 Jailbreak
XinaA15 jailbreak supports A12 - A15 jailbreak on iOS 15 - iOS 15.1.1. The tool supports tweak injections without modifying the root files and offers Saily (default) and Sileo as package managers. You can now sideload XinaA15 jailbreak or even install it directly online using the step guides discussed on the Xina/ XinaA15 jailbreak page.
3. Cheyote Virtual Jailbreak
Cheyote Virtual Jailbreak tool also supports the Sileo package manager like the Palera1n jailbreak tool, but unlike the Palera1n, it uses lite Sileo, hence it is not a means of fully functional jailbreak. Cheyote Virtual Jailbreak tool is available on Jailtrial, and you can download it 100% free from us!
4. Checkra1n Virtual Jailbreak
You can install lite Cydia using the Checkra1n virtual jailbreak tool as the original Checkra1n jailbreak tool doesn’t support iOS 15.4.1 – iOS 15 jailbreak yet.Try Checkra1n Virtual Jailbreak →
5. Unc0ver Virtual Jailbreak
For the time being, the Unc0ver jailbreak tool doesn’t support iOS 15.4.1 – iOS 15 jailbreak. But you can use its virtual version (Unc0ver Virtual Jailbreak) to install virtual Cydia which is not fully functional to jailbreak iOS 15 – iOS 15.4.1Try Unc0ver Virtual Jailbreak →
There are more than 20 Jailbreak Tools discussed in our articles. Just find out the other jailbreak tools which support your iOS version.
FAQ on Palera1n Jailbreak
What’s the package manager of the Palera1n jailbreak tool?
The tool uses Sileo as the default package manager.
Is the Palera1n jailbreak a no-computer jailbreak tool?
No. Palera1n jailbreak tool requires a computer and is only recommended for advanced jailbreak users for the time being.
Can you install Cydia tweaks using the Palera1n jailbreak tool on iOS 15 – iOS 15.7?
No. Cydia tweaks are not functional in the current version.
Does the Palera1n jailbreak tool support any tweak injections?
Not for the time being, but the developer is working on it.
Is Palera1n jailbreak safe?
It is recommended that you use the current Palera1n jailbreak beta version only if you are experienced and an expert jailbreaker. Otherwise, kindly wait for the public version.
Latest update on Palera1n Jailbreak
- Palera1n jailbreak tool supports up to iOS 15 jailbreak now!
- Pogo installation has been automated.
- Blobs are no longer required.
- Still, the developer is working on the tweak support.